ETS Harold Gulliksen Psychometric Research Fellowship
During the summer, selected fellows are required to participate in the Summer Internship Program in Research for Graduate Students, working under the guidance of an ETS mentor. During the subsequent academic year, fellows study at their universities and carry out research under the supervision of an academic mentor and in consultation with their ETS mentor.
The goal of this program is to increase the number of well-trained scientists in educational assessment, psychometrics and statistics.
Duration of Program
- December 31, 2019 — Deadline for receipt of preliminary application materials
- January 15, 2020 — Applicants are notified of preliminary application decision
- February 14, 2020 — Deadline for receipt of final application materials
- March 31, 2020 — Award recipients are notified
Appointments are for one year.
Each fellow's university receives the following:
- $20,000 to pay a stipend to the fellow
- $8,000 to defray the fellow's tuition, fees and work-study program commitments
- A small grant to facilitate work on the fellow's research project
Selected fellow must participate in the Summer Internship Program in Research for Graduate Students. The fellow will receive the following:
- $6,000 salary
- Transportation allowance for relocating to and from the Princeton area
- Housing will be provided for interns commuting more than 50 miles
At the time of application, candidates must be enrolled in a doctoral program, have completed all the coursework toward the doctorate, and be at the dissertation stage of their program. Dissertation topics in the areas of psychometrics, statistics, educational measurement or quantitative methods will be given priority. At the time of application, candidates will be asked to provide a statement describing any additional financial assistance such as assistantship or grant commitment that he/she will have during the fellowship period.
For more information please visit the Harold Gulliksen Psychometric Research Fellowship announcement.